nick
nick, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  jeep specialist
19212481

Why would a 2007 jeep compass wont start

Customer Question

why would a 2007 jeep compass won't start
Category: Jeep
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

The fuel pump, crank sensor or a module could have failed. You could check for a strong blue spark at the plugs while cranking the engine. Also try starting fluid to see if it tries to start like that. If it tries, then the fuel pressure and volume need to be tested with a guage.

Thanks for your question and positive feedback,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
when the key is turned the wipers tutn on while the switch is off
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

I though we were addressing a NO START problem!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes the vehicle wont start but when you turn the key to start it the wipers go on with the switch off and there is clicking sounds coming from the engine compartment. we tried to jump it and nothing changed
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.
I OPTED OUT of this question
Expert:  nick replied 7 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX own a compass too so lets see what we can do. does your key fob work?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes when i try to start it the wipers go on while the switch is off, and there is a clicking sound coming from the engine compartment and the vehicle wont come out of gear
Expert:  nick replied 7 years ago.
Do all of the lights on the dash light up? or flicker?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
flicker
Expert:  nick replied 7 years ago.
I think your battery is so dead that even a jump start can't help. Do you know if you left a light on or anything? I have see dead cells in batterys, that make you think it is ok but under load it can't produce. I bet if you went and had your battery checked or even installed a new one that everything will be ok.

If you have any other questions please feel free and ask. If you feel this information has been helpful and answered your question please accept for this is the only way my time is made up. Thank you for choosing your online experts.
nick, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: jeep specialist