Richard, Jeep Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.

1999 Jeep grand Cherokee: fuses and relays..temperature sensor

1999 Jeep grand Cherokee Radiator fan not working fuses and relays good and I ran wires to the fan motor and it works. I also replaced the temperature sensor next to the thermostat and nothing seems to work. Can some one help
Can I get to unplug the rad fan relay and jump the gray wire to the dark green wire and see if it runs. The rad fan relay is not in the power distribution center. Here is a location diagram. Let me know, thanks!graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will try this tomorrow morning and get back with you. Thanks
Your welcome! Let me know!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is the relay inside the relay and fuse box? I have switched the fan fuse with the blower moter fuse and the radiator fan still does not work. I am not sure if you are talking about a relay that is outside the relay box or the one that is in it?
It is not in the relay/fuse center, it is in front pass side under headlight. The picture I sent shows it towards the front of the vehicle, it does not look like a regular relay. I think you can see it by removing the pass headlamp assembly. Look at the wiring diagram I sent to see the wire colors. I hope this helps, thanks1
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I jumped the gray wire and the dark green an the fan ran. What is my next step?
I will be with you shortly, thanks
Ok I am back! Know I would like you to plug the relay back in and hook a jumper wire on the battery negative and jump it to the Dark Blue/Pink wire with the relay plugged in the fan should run. You may have to bare that wire a bit to jump. Let me know!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The fan did not work with a jump from the negative terminal to the blue/pink
You have just diagnosed your problem. You need a rad fan relay the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN and it retails for $103.00 cad. I am glad I was able to help you diagnose this, thanks!