MTECH02, ASE master certified, Chrysler mast
Experience:  ase master certified, chrysler master certified, chrysler certified diesel specialist

1998 Jeep Cherokee: running lights, parking lights..wont work

I have a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and the headlights don't work. The running lights, parking lights, signal lights all work, just the headlights won't work. I bought a new dash headlight switch and installed it and it did not fix the problem. I put a circuit tester on the headlight connector and there is no power. I have checked all the under dash fuses and the fuse box under the hood and they are all fine. Is there a relay switch or something that could be causing this problem.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  MTECH02 replied 7 years ago.

there is a beam selector switch after the headlight switch now when you say they do not work is that low beam and high beam here are the wiring diagrams for that circuit

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Neither High Beams nor low beams work.
Expert:  MTECH02 replied 7 years ago.
then you will probably want to test for power going to the beam selector pin #3 light green wire