Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

cruise control not working on my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.

cruise control not working on my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Reading some blogs online suggest it may be my brake switch. Wanted to know where exactly is my brake switch located on in my jeep. Thanks
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

If your brake switch was the problem, your brake lights would be comming on without pushing the pedal. The most common problem to cause cruise control failure is the clockspring which is a winding that contains wires that go from the cruise control switch to the pcm. You could also check the 10 amp fuse in location 21. If fuse is ok there is not much more you can do unless your good with a voltmeter and can read a wiring diagram. Then you can check the power and grounds at the pcm and switch. Here is a wiring diagram, let me know if there is anything else I can do. Thanks