kennyb28
kennyb28, Service Manager
Experience:  Service Manager with many years of hands on experience
13529731

What tool do i use to check the transmission fluid level in

Customer Question

What tool do i use to check the transmission fluid level in my 2006 Jeep Commander 3.7 liter vehicle? This is a 2wd vehicle. The dip stick says see dealer. I found a tool made by Miller (part # XXXXX) that I think works/
Category: Jeep
Expert:  kennyb28 replied 7 years ago.

Yes, that is correct.

CHECK OIL LEVEL

1.Verify that the vehicle is parked on a level surface.
2.Remove the dipstick tube cap.

WARNING: Risk of accident from vehicle starting off by itself when engine running. Risk of injury from contusions and burns if you insert your hands into the engine when it is started or when it is running. Secure vehicle to prevent it from moving off by itself. Wear properly fastened and close-fitting work clothes. Do not touch hot or rotating parts.

3.Actuate the service brake. Start engine and let it run at idle speed in selector lever position "P".
4.Shift through the transmission modes several times with the vehicle stationary and the engine idling
5.Warm up the transmission, wait at least 2 minutes and check the oil level with the engine running. Push the Oil Dipstick 9336 into transmission fill tube until the dipstick tip contacts the oil pan and pull out again, read off oil level, repeat if necessary.

NOTE: The dipstick will protrude from the fill tube when installed.