ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Jeeps. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

2004 jeep grand cherokee: code..what is it and how do I fix it

Customer Question

I have A 2004 jeep grand cherokee reading code p1281 what is it and how do I fix it . I know it is a factory direct code it says fuel air metering p1281
Category: Jeep
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer!

Is the 8th VIN digit of your Jeep an S, J, or N?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This code actually means the engine stays cold too long. This could be caused by extremely cold weather, malfunctioning ECT sensor, or a thermostat that does not let the engine warm up.

Here is what I have on it out of the factory service manual.

If youneed anything else, just let me know.