Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician
Experience:  Jeep factory training........25 years in the industry.

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee: I turn off the alarm

How do I turn off the alarm on my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee when it goes off accidentally. I have just been waiting until it stops on its own.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.
You can either use your keyless remote to unlock the door, or you can cycle the key in the door lock.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried both of these. I unlocked the door with the key and then unlocked it with the key. I did the same with the remote and the alarm kept sounding. It started when I had left the interior light on and opened the door (the car hadn't been locked yet) to turn off the light. Any ideas??? Thanks, Bob
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.

The alarm system is designed to be disarmed by either the remote, turning the key in the drivers door, turning the key in the passenger door.....if equipped with a passenger key cylinder......or turning the key in the ligftgate lock.

If none of these work then the system has to be diagnosed with a dealer quality scan tool.