Derrick
Derrick, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.-Automotive Analysis A6-Electrical A8/L1-Engine Performance Cert., CA Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Tech
7680243

Need Jeep Wrangler JKs fog light wiring diagram.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Jeep JK Wrangler and need the front fog lights wiring diagram. The front fog lights do not work. I have check both lamps and they are ok. I have also checked the fog lamp fuse and relay and both are ok.

Could the fog lamp switch be the problem? Is it a big job to replace?

Category: Jeep
Expert:  Derrick replied 8 years ago.

Hi there,

First I would double check fuse #19, as it powers this circuit.

Next I would check for power and ground at the fog lights themselves using the wiring diagram below.

If you dont have power, it is most likely your multi-function switch.

Here is the wiring diagram:

80e04096

Here is how to replace the multi-function switch:

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Remove the steering column opening cover from the instrument panel.
  3. Remove the two screws that secure the lower steering column shroud to the upper shroud.
  4. If the vehicle is equipped with the optional tilt steering column, move the tilt steering column to the fully lowered position and leave the tilt release lever in the released (down) position.
  5. Remove both the upper and lower shrouds from the steering column.
  6. Disconnect the cross body wire harness connector for the left multi-function switch from the connector receptacle on the back of the switch.
  7. Disconnect the cross body wire harness connector for the right multi-function switch from the connector receptacle on the back of the switch.
  8. Remove the two screws that secure the multi-function switch assembly to the upper steering column housing.
  9. Remove the multi-function switch assembly from the upper steering column housing.
  10. Remove the two small screws that secure the right multi-function switch to the left multi-function switch mounting housing.
  11. Grasp the right multi-function switch control stalk firmly and pull the switch toward the right far enough to disengage the alignment pins on the top (1) and bottom (2) of the right switch housing from the alignment ramps on the left multi-function switch mounting housing.
  12. Remove the right multi-function switch from the left multi-function switch.
  13. Remove the combination flasher from the connector receptacle on the back of the left multi-function switch.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!