Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - My horn is not working, where is

Customer Question

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - My horn is not working, where is the horn located on the jeep. I need to have it repair/replaced and can not find the horn under the hood. Or can the problem be in a dis-connected wire? I'm living in Germany and need repair ASAP to pass vehicle inspection for driving overseas with military tags. Contact me [email protected] Thanks for your help.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 8 years ago.

Check voltage on both sides of Fuse # XXXXX in the Fuse / relay Panel under the hood.
Also Check or Replace Horn Relay in same Panel.
If Fuse & Relay checks good, it may be the Clock Spring in the Steering Column, under the steering Wheel

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the information. But, where is the horn that makes the noise? Is it near the tire, battery, or under the oil stick? If I have someone check all the relays, etc and its not the problem, I want to know where to replace the entire horn. Or have you experienced this type of problem before and have a good idea that its in the relay system.

--- On Sat, 9/13/08, JustAnswer Jeep Expert <[email protected]> wrote:
From: JustAnswer Jeep Expert <[email protected]>
Subject: I just answered your question on JustAnswer.com
To: "Customer" <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, September 13, 2008, 9:06 PM

HiCustomer

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. You can Click Here to read my answer and review my qualifications. Please let me know if you need more help with this. And since I'm online right now, I will be able to get back to you shortly.

By the way, please keep in mind that even though you already placed a deposit, I have not been paid. The deposit you made will stay in your JustAnswer account until you accept a helpful answer. So, if my answer is helpful, please be sure to 'accept' it.

Thank You
molurch
Mechanic

Sorry for the Delay...........We have been experiencing Site problems & the image above did not expand.
The Horns are located under the front of the vehicle, next to radiator, above front air deflector

graphic