Kevin
Kevin, Owner Kevins Mobile repair Atlanta
Experience:  14 years dealer trained, Master Electrical,AC,Body Mechanical, Drive ablity.
10702820

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee: I need to replace a headlight

I need to replace a headlight on my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I don''t know how to remove the headlight cover. Can you tell me how to do it? Thank you.    XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 years ago.

Wecome to the site my name is XXXXX XXXXX see if we can help resolve this issue.

HEADLAMP

REMOVAL

1. Grasp lower edge of headlamp lens and pull straight back (away) from grille opening reinforcement (GOR) Disengage lower adjuster pivots from lens assembly.
  2. Grasp upper edge of headlamp lens. Pull straight back (away) from grille opening reinforcement (GOR) Disengage upper adjuster pivot from lens assembly.
  3. Rotate bulb lock ring counterclockwise. and remove ring and bulb from lens.

INSTALLATION

1. Replace by seating the assembly in the lamp housing and turning the lock ring 1/8 turn clockwise to secure.
  2. Align upper adjust pivot into headlamp opening and snap into place.
  3. Snap lower adjuster pivots into place.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not sure this is what I wanted to hear. Does the headlamp COVER just snap into place?That is what I am trying to find out. I don't want to pry the cover off and wind up with a broken cover.
   Larry
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 years ago.

no the cover does not come apart its the whole assembly.

The lens is a sealed unit so that water and such is not introduced inside.