Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

jeep cherokee limited: alternator..V8 4.7L..belt sit on my old one

i try to change alternator on jeep cherokee limited V8 4.7L 2004    but i need to take off the part where the belt sit on my old one

Are you needing directions to replace the whole alternator or the alternator pulley?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
now its install my friend got compac gun
but my belt touches piece of my binder (the poulie that let you loose the belt for install or removal)
it looks like after a minute of my engine is running
the belt slightly move to the side.(sorry for my english im french.)

I believe you are referring to the belt tensioner. To remove it, first remove the belt, then remove the retaining bolt on the tensioner(see diagram below:

Here is a diagram of the belt routing so that you can make sure belt is on correctly:

Finally, make sure belt grooves are matched to all pulley grooves and not mis-grooved

Diagram showing what I mean by making sure grooves are matched(aligned) correctly:

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
everything fit perfectly but still when i start my engine the belt touch by the idler pulley

The belt tensioner is worn out then and will need to be replaced.

Remove the belt, remove retaining bolt in belt tensioner to remove the tensioner. See 1st diagram in previous reply

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the belt tensioner was good before how can it worn out is it coinsidence ???

Possibly coincidence, also possible that when belt was removed that tensioner was over-rotated causing it not to keep tension.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the bolt was to loose (betwen tensioner and the idler )i played with it till i got what i want .