Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

2001 Jaguar S-type 3 things..check engine just went

2001 Jaguar S-type 3 things..check engine just went on..Brought it to my mechanic P1588,P0302 and P0153 codes came up
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Those are the codes..How does it get reset ? Also noticed the car jerked somewhat yesterday
JA: Are you fixing your S-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No my mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car was just purchased and the Heat valve was replaced.Then mysteriously the Check engine light came on with these 3 codes

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If you clear these three codes and retest do all of them return?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can ask my mechanic to clear these codes and reset

Please do and let see if all three reset and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok he is resetting now

Okay let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
will do

Im here when your ready.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thanks.Oddly, as I mentioned, we hadn't had any issues with the Check Engine light until the Heat Valve was installed

Okay lets get them clear and see if any of them reset and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My mechanic cannot check car after resetting.I will get back to you tomorrow.

Okay Im here when your ready.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ronnie, the codes were reset and the check engine light hasn't come back on but when I accelerate Fast or get up to around 60 mph the car seems to hesitate and have trouble ..any clues

The code P1588 indicated you could have a problem with the throttle body and that could be caused by sludge build up in the throttle body. I would have a look at it and if there are any signs of sludge in the bore and on the plate then disconnect the negative battery cable and take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the TB a good cleaning. After doing this , reconnect the cable and start the engine and let it idle for about 15 minutes and then take it out for a drive and see if the hesitation clears.