Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have 2006 XJR, and I need some advice. When I apply full

Customer Question

HI, I have 2006 XJR, and I need some advice. When I apply full throttle and rev car in higher rpm, car ends up safe mode...no pattern, and not every time, not necessary during drive. Fault code I getting in ABS U0401, Park brake U0401, PCM - P2105,P016A, P0227, P2122,P2135. If I turn of the key and start car again, everything gets back to normal. Do you have any idea i which direction should I look for solution?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: more often when I drive it.....rarely in park mode
JA: Are you fixing your XJR yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes we have shop, at first was misfire, after that we changed ignition coils, spark plugs, new catalytic converters, new engine ECM, and after that we start receiving those fault codes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, since we have installed and programmed new ECM, do we have to program PCM and Parking too?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
If you clear all these fault codes do they all return? Why was the ECM replaced? Do you have the part number from the new ECM?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
they all come back, ECM was replaced because before that point we always had misfire, serial number is ***** but we switched back old one and we have same fault codes....so probably we have some other issues not w. ECM. Is it necessary to reprogram all computers when changing ECM?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
As.long as you configure the ECM as new this will load the software and reset the security. It is not necessary to program any other module. A Lot of those codes are throttle related so we may have a problem with either the throttle or pedal. Please double check those connections at the throttle and at the pedal to make sure both are clean and secure. We should be able to monitor them with the scan tool.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have all ready put new throttle (less than 1000 km) and we have put used pedal from another vehicle and we have same fault codes.....for example if you driving down the hill 40 km/h in 3rd gear 2200 rpm and you start slowing down/braking whit engine in 2nd gear @2800 rpm, after 5 sec we got those faults and errors again
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
One may be defective. If the scan tool used to retrieve the fault codes can read live data we need to monitor the two throttle positions and two pedal position sensors to see if one is cutting out. May be a wiring harness problem.