peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2001 jag vanden plas no batt power trunk won't open red

Customer Question

2001 jag vanden plas no batt power trunk won't open red light blinking on gear face
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Vanden Plas yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you tried the trunk cylinder with the key blade itself as some of these models have to access the trunk to then recharge the battery at all?If this was not attempted see if you can access it this way.On some models there are jump start locations under the hood as well to hook up jumpers to restore electrical power to then access the battery.This link below shows a similar model.If this has been attempted let me know.

http://www.jagrepair.com/TrunkAccessDeadBatteryxk8.htm

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete