Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

The sensor cover part PC-PBTP has come apart from my 2004

Customer Question

The sensor cover part PC-PBTP has come apart from my 2004 Jaguar S type. Where will I find a replacement?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: It is the sensor between the headlights on the driver's side. The part number is ***** as PC-PBTP (L). No trouble codes have been triggered, but I would like to have the sensor covered before more snow gets at it.
JA: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, but I would need the part to give to my mechanic. I am an 84 yr. old woman and have no knowledge of fixing cars.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My car is coloured British racing green, if that helps. Other than getting a replacement part, there is no problem with the mechanism of the car.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
Is this located under the hood on top of both lights? The number is ***** a Jag part number?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
Can you describe the part in more detail?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is an almost oval part, of which there are two, one on either side of the car, just under the "leaper" hood ornament and near the oval grille. Each of these are between the grille and the headlights. They may be sensors connected to the airbag activation. I've looked in the manual and cannot find them described, but in the drawing describing the airbag activation, they seems to be located in that area above the front bumper. The number I have provided, PC-PBTP, is stamped on the part, with the additional designation of "L", signifying it is from the left side (driver's side) of the car.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
Can you possibly upload a picture of these parts?