Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a 2011 Jaguar XJL. When I lock my car, the alarm will

I have a 2011 Jaguar XJL. When I lock my car, the alarm will randomly go off within 2 - 4 minutes. I have to unlock and re-lock the car then it seems to be ok.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: like the real key or the fob? If the real key then no...I'm just clicking the fob
JA: Are you fixing your XJL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no - I'm woefully under qualified to do that. I haven't tried anything so far. I'm also out of warranty, so if there's something I can do, I will try it before taking it in
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that the engine light comes on periodically (I have my car serviced regularly and they have not been able to pin point it). I've read in other forums that there could be a short somewhere under the hood that's causing it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also, from time to time I will get an alert that my hood is open when it's not.

Hi im kevin from what you describe i suspect the bonnett switch is failing causing the car to get upset when setting alarm system .the switch is part of the latch on your vehicle meaning complete bonnett latch will require replacement .the only way to prove this is the correct diagnosis is to have car plugged into diagnostic machine as they can read the reasons behind the last 10 occurrances of the alarm siren being set off