Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

How do you open the trunk on a 2004 Jaguar XJ8 when the

Customer Question

How do you open the trunk on a 2004 Jaguar XJ8 when the battery is dead?
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we are trying to get into the trunk. we are not fixing anything - just want to charge the battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the trunk will not open, tried with key, tried the black button, tried trunk release button inside vehicle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. With everything you tried, the only thing left is to go thru the back seat. The back seat has a way for it to be opened up to access the trunk. Inside the trunk, there is a yellow pull-tab. Pull that tab and the trunk will open. This is a safety feature to prevent anyone being 'mistakenly' locked in the trunk.