Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehciles
45790705

I am contemplating purchasing a 2000 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8

Customer Question

i am contemplating purchasing a 2000 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 Sedan. What do I need to look for? What are the achilles heel of these cars?
JA: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am considering purchasing the car./ It runs great.No engine or transmission noises, slios or problems
JA: Have you heard this particular sound before?
Customer: It does NOT make noise
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The car ran great during the test drive. No rust, 90,000 miles
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

Great Cares if taking care off, and this one sound like it has been from what you describing , very comfortable rides

1- the transmission will be the main issue on them but at 90k miles ,you should be good

2-make sure you check all electrical on it ,they have a battery drain issue sometimes ,from the bcm module but usually happens on way higher miles like 150 k

3- at 90 k miles I would check suspension parts ,raise on lift

4- a/c & heater and no coolant leak ,Heater core is major to repair if leaking so check heater

Please let me know if you need anything else

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you. Just to be clear I do not own the car. It drove fine. Asking what to look for. Jags (before Ford) had a dicey reputation
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
One other question. What is the horsepower and torque rating on the Jag

ok i git you , you looking to buy it :)

it is good car if maintained, now when it comes to repair parts & labor is expensive

2000 jaguar xj8 4.0 L

Horsepower : 290 bhp (216 kW; 294 PS) Torque : 290 lb·ft (390 N·m) trans type :ZF 5HP24

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 18 days ago.

Happy Holidays

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat