Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Does Moose work with 2003 jaguar xtype? Well haven't really

Customer Question

Does Moose work with 2003 jaguar xtype?
JA: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well haven't really tried yet problem just started
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No corrosion
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When vehichle goes into 3500 rpm it's starts to misfire I already changed coils and plugs out
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.
Are any warning lights or messages on when this occurs? Were the coils replaced with Jaguar parts?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Just misfire 2 4 6 and random misfire exceeds catalyst yes jaguar parts used
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Once it reaches 3500 it starts to misfire and act crazy and when I let off gas it'll be back to normal
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.
OK cylinders 2, 4, and 6 are for the front bank. I first recommend we do not have any intake leaks as the upper and lower intake seals can be the cause or the IMT seal on the passenger side of the intake could be leaking. We may also have a partially restricted catalytic converter but I recommend we check for the air leaks first.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yea I already tried all leaks and what other symptoms would I have with a partially clogged cat
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Usually it will hesitate and lack power. If you scan tool can read pids or live data we should monitor both the long and short term fuel trims for bank 1 and bank 2.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Short term bank 2 fuel pressure reads -8 does this sound right to you
Expert:  Richard replied 8 days ago.

-8 is within range but it is telling us that bank is running rich. Lets monitor both bank long and short term fuel trims. Give me those percentages. Then disconnect the battery to reset them all and see what they read after starting and after a long drive.