Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Need to know why my 2010 jaguar xf will not recognize smart

Customer Question

Need to know why my 2010 jaguar xf will not recognize smart key after battery went dead I have jaguar factory computer
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: Yes I Installed a new battery
JA: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a repair shop and have jaguar factory diagnosis
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Does it say smart key not found when pressing the start switch? Did you try docking the key?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The car will start and run fine when the key is inserted in the docking station
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The phone number should be(###) ###-####iam at home
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Ok if the remote will not work and the vehicle will not start passively then we may have a problem with the key itself, RF receiver or the keyless vehicle module. I see you state you have the jaguar software. If that is the case then we need to see if we can communicate with the KVM (RFA)

Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Also try disconnecting just the negative battery terminal cable for ten minutes to see if the system will reset. Also check the smart key battery

Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

I am unavailable for a phone call at the moment but will be online for as long as we need.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The car starts and runs fine when the key is in the docking station I have a jaguar factory computer a
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have changed the battery still will not work I have not tried a hard reset but di try to program a new remote is there any secret to programming the remote
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have changed the battery have not tried hard reset have tried tio program a new key is there some secret to this
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please respond to my questions thank you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Y
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Can you communicate with the KVM? DO you have the Jag SDD or IDS tool?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will try to communicate but not unti, tomorrowo
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

OK let me know.