Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2005 Jaguar xj8 blowing cold air on thr left

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Jaguar xj8 blowing cold air on thr left (driver side) but wam air on the face and footwell ducts on the passenger side. I suspect a blend door servo malfunction on the driver side. Where is the servo for the blend door on the driver side? Is there an on board diagnostic test procedure for 2005 like there is for 2001?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: Yes. No leak
JA: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes - I worked in a body shop bor sev
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The output temp on the passenger upper duct is 100 degrees
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Yes since this system is a dual system there is a temperature blend servo motor for both the driver and passenger sides. There really is not an OBD II test procedure. A Jag factory tool will be needed to read any faults in the climate control module. We can try disconnecting the battery for about an hour as the servos will perform a self test and the system could start to work. Click on the link for the replacement procedure if the self test does not work.