Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

When you operate the passenger window switch ob the

Customer Question

When you operate the passenger window switch ob the passenger door, the rear window goes down instead. The driver door switch for the passenger window does not operate.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 98 xj8 vanden plas
JA: Are you fixing your Vanden Plas yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The seller has it in the shop...they cleaned the switches, think it's a window control module
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Seller doesn't want to fix it before I buy it because it's too expensive...I just wondering if it might be something else that's easy
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 22 days ago.
Could very well be the control module but sometimes a battery reset fixes this. Disconnect both battery terminals off the battery. Touch and hold them.together for about a minute. Connect the positive then the negative and see if it works.