Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

We have a 2001 Jag that we want to sell and this morning the

Customer Question

We have a 2001 Jag that we want to sell and this morning the ASC NOT AVAILALBE light came on???
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: It is a yellow light and below it says ASC NOT AVAILABLE on the speedometer
JA: What is the model of your '01 Jaguar?
Customer: I'll have to ask my nephew he is trying to sell it for my father who is 95...He will let me know right away..hold on..
JA: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: What do you mean 9-5? We haven't tried a thing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what to do and if it is serious??? How much does this cost asking you all.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model is a 2001 XJ8
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you call me at (###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.
That message is for the traction control. It could be a wheel.speed sensor, traction control sensor or module. I also recommend we have the battery and charging system tested as low voltage can be the cause. To be sure we will need to have the system scanned for the stored fault codes. Let me know.