peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Stoling aut wen hot loss power dashbor flechin and den

Customer Question

stoling aut wen hot loss power dashbor flechin and den stollaut ronig very poerli
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 1996 jaguar xj6 vanden plus
JA: Are you fixing your XJ6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight at the battery as well as check and see if you have any fault codes set with this issue here using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.This will help locate the issue here.I have seen issues with loss of power and ground due to loose or corroded battery cables or a weak battery needing replaced.If these are o.k. your next step is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set and those codes diagnosed and repaired.

One other component I have seen fail in several cases is the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete