Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Ricard! i have o huge problem. Just imported a Jaguar XK8

Customer Question

Hi Ricard!
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: i have o huge problem. Just imported a Jaguar XK8 2005 from Miami to Denmark. When it arrived I saw that the airbag light was on. Now I have tried everything to find out what wrong. The only message I am getting is - ECU's not responding to AMG. and IP.
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: This seatbelt warning light is not working as well. Is there a connection
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: es I am. But yesterday I was visiting a Jaguar dealer. I they could not read the code for the airbag as well
JA: What year is your '05 ES?
Customer: 2005 - the last x100
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Does the air bag light blink when you turn the ignition ON?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it doesn't.
As I wrote - it seemed to be a problem to get in contact with the airbag module. I have a Autel MD 802 for testing and it say that no contact with the airbag system. When my garage was testing it it say exactly the same. When I turn on the key there are no light in the seatbelt on the instrument or any noise when I am driving without seatbelt.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi!
What going on. I haven't heard from you after my last comments.
Additional to this I wonder if the problem is: Is my Airbag restraint module not working any more as it is not responding.
Can I reset it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

If the airbag module is not communicating then we will need to check power and ground to it. It is under the console which would need to be removed. We can fuse check fuse #10 (10 amp) in the driver side dash fuse box. If fuse is good then we will need to access the air bag module.