Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My x type 2003 abs light is on and the brake light and the

Customer Question

hi Richard
my x type 2003 abs light is on and the brake light and the warning message is low brake fluid. the brake fluid is fine i bridged the connector to simulate a brake level closed circuit and no change. i grounded the ebrake switch no change. warning was intermittent now always on. ODB code only shows check battery which is fine no corrosion and voltage rest and charging are normal. I swapped in a used gage cluster warnings went off but no ignition when turning key. Good luck!
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.
Can I have the last six of your VIN?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
ok c95371
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
it is too cold outside now to work please provide some guidance i will try it tomorrow
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

PLease re install the original cluster. Check the ABS module connection in the passenger front of the engine compartment. Make sure the connector is clean and secure. We will then need a compatible scan tool that can communicate with all the control modules. Let me know.