EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Installed new air suspension compressor and it's not coming

Customer Question

Installed new air suspension compressor and it's not coming on.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: No low ride light came on rear suspension was up and front was extremely low. Driver side was digging into tire.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 2006 jaguar xj8
JA: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed the air suspension compressor. Checked all air lines and tank for leaks.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Have you checked the fuses? Sometimes when the air compressor goes bad it blows a fuse. I recommend inspecting all the fuses in the box under the hood.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I checked all fuses under the hood

Have you checked the front height sensors? There should be one on the left front and right front suspension. Sometimes they pop off and cause low suspension.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I haven't

I would check that next. That would be the next most common and easiest thing to check. If the height sensors are good, next some electrical diagnosis may be needed. Along with possibly checking codes in the air suspension module.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Eric I checked all fuses again and it one fuse in the trunk that keeps blowing. Do you have any diagram for the fuses in the trunk and under the hood? I don't have the paper that's normally in the fuse cover

Yes I can access the workshop manual diagrams through the website. But there is a small fee of 5 dollars for creating the PDF files and sending them. It allows access to unlimited PDFs. Is that something you are interested in? Otherwise you can tell me which fuse is blowing and I can let you know what fuse it is for. Let me know please.

Please rate the assistance provided today and note that after rating, the question will remain open for any follow up questions you may have. Thanks.