Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I believe I used your service for two previous problems and

Customer Question

I believe I used your service for two previous problems and you were correct both times. I now have a new problem. DO YOU HAVE ME IN YOUR SYSTEM? I want to use the same service I used before.New problem. The ABS warning light and The performance message appeared. It read that It was the front drivers speed ABS sensor. I replaced it and it ran fine for one day. The warning lights appeared again and couldn't be cleared. The mechanic disconnected the ABS pump and it allowed to get a read out and again it said the front drivers sensor. The mechanic feels that the pump is causing the problem. Before looking for a re-build pump, I want to know your opinion. Are you the service I used successfully twice before? If so, what do you think? Thanks Roger
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Usually the issue with the front wheel speed is with the wire harnesses for the sensor. There is a short.link harness that can be replaced if faulty. It can be checked with a digital multimeter by ohming out the wiring and wiggling the harness. A bad pump will not cause this. Another possibility is with the electronic control module. I would need to know all the stored fault codes to be sure.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is the service that I used twice before with success?Richard, This next week my mechanic will check out your thoughts. As far as the error codes go. It came up ABS sensor front right side before and the same code after replacing the sensor. No other codes have appeared. As I mentioned, after replacing the sensor, the ABS warning and the stability control message appeared. I'll let you know if your thoughts work or not. Thanks, Roger
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard,My mechanic checked the wire harness in every way possible. Wiggling the wires etc. didn't have any effect on the warning light and the stability warning as well. I made a suggestion, not knowing anything about automobiles. I suggested, if the sensors are the same on both the front right and front left, to swop them to see if a different read out comes on(having just replaced the front left sensor) OR it states the problem to be the front right sensor. Any other ideas. Thanks Roger
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's been 4 days with no answer. Can I have a new Expert?
Roger *******
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Having replaced the front drivers side sensor, the warning lights went out and it appeared fixed. The next day the ABS warning light and the stability performance warning returned. I asked the mechanic to swop the left front sensor with the front right one. Scanning it then, the same front right sensor came up as the problem. Any other ideas? Roger
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Swap the front link harnesses side to side on the front and clear the codes. See if the code travels.