peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

We recently purchased a 2003 XK* convertible, how do I

Customer Question

We recently purchased a 2003 XK* convertible, how do I program the front windows so that when I am in the car and want to open the door the window goes down a bit and then back up when I close the door
JA: Any noises from the window when you hit the switch?
Customer: I am deaf
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The top works fine, the windows go down when you open the top. My problem is when the top is up and I want to leave the car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is it, I can have my wife listen if need be, she hears good
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try rolling the windows down and then back up again and hold in the up position for a few seconds and see if this then learns in the window positions and corrects this here.If this is or was done and does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete