Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have an S type Jaguar the wipers don't work and the high

Customer Question

I have an S type Jaguar the wipers don't work and the high beam lights don't work and the heater controls are flashing on and off
JA: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Customer: Yes they work intermittent
JA: What year is your F-Type?
Customer: It's a S type 2005
JA: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm a macanic and it's an S type. I have cleaned the battery terminals
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
OK we have a few different things going on and they may all not be related. For the wipers do they work on any speed? Do the washers work? When using the high beams does the indicator come on the cluster that the high beams are on?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The wipers work sometimes not often. No the lights come on but the high beams won't stay on and the heater Ac controls flash on and off.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
With the heater AC controls flashing on and off. The high beam lights won't stay on and the wipers work sometimes. What do you think
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

These may or may not be related. First we need to check the battery and cable connections. We also need to check the charging system. Most parts stores should be able to check the battery and alternator. There are other possibilities like a bad ground or they may not be relatd at all. I have seen issues with the climate control screen actually causing that problem. Let me know.