Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

If I put the key into the ignition at first hand it won't

Customer Question

If I put the key into the ignition at first hand it won't start, but several attempts later it finally cranks up, but all the light are on on the speedometer.
JA: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?
Customer: Yes I had them replaced. And it's almost a full tank. It's not cranking when I say start. Then after a while it will crank up but the code for gear box fault displays on the screen.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 2005 jaguar x type 3.0 AWD
JA: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, and I've replaced the shifter, alternator, battery, and spark plugs.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked/read out at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.