FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have 2009 Jag xf 51000 miles was working fine taken to the

Customer Question

I have 2009 Jag xf 51000 miles was working fine taken to the dealer 3 times because fan works over time when the engine is turned off, the dealer said that was normal, this week I was driving on the freeway and suddenly lots of black smoke out the pipis, and warning of performance problem. I took it to the dealer for extended guarantee and they have denied my claim because they said the car over heated. at the dealer they ran the computer and there was no sing of heating. tests on the hood for chemical did not show over heating. dealer says that there are two cylinders with very little compression. what can I do.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  FixItMan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** should be able to show the company that you took the vehicle to the dealer three other times for fan issues. If the fans was staying on continuously then the engine was warmer than it should have been. It sounds like they failed to notice the problem from the start. The warranty company should stand behind the fact that you took the vehicle to the dealer for this issue with no problems found. Have you asked the dealer about this?