peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Second opinion] - 2010 jaguar xf 4.2l has codes p2444 p0414

Customer Question

Second opinion] - 2010 jaguar xf 4.2l has codes p2444 p0414 2096 and 2098. the secondary air injection pump is getting a constant ground on both wires. when i removed the relay the ground goes away. i ohm tested the green white striped wire from the relay to the connector at the secondary air pump and the wire passed the ohm test. so i then ohm tested the wire from the connector to ground i didn't get a reading so the wire isn't grounding out from the fuse box to the pump when the relay isn't installed. any help would be greatly appreciated
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO ***** PROPER OHM TEST SHOULD GET ON THE SECONDARY AIR VALVE SOLENOID BECAUSE THE ONE IN THE VEHICLE STARTS WITH 0 OHMS AND THEN GOES TO A CONSTANT 75 OHMS AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE SOLENOID IS GOOD OR IF IT FAILED THE OHM TEST
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THE SOLENOID IS ALSO GETTING CONSTANT POWER TO IT EVEN WHEN THE KEY IS OFF. THE SECONDARY AIR PUMP DOESN'T EVER GET POWER SUPPLIED TO IT, NOT EVEN ON A COLD START
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent yet,inspect the wiring leading to the relay for any shorts as well as the engine harness for any shorts that may be causing this fault here.I have seen shorted/damaged wiring cause this type of fault here needing repaired/replaced.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already tested the wiring and it is OK. My last question was what should the proper ohm reading be on a secondary air valve solenoid and I am still waiting for the answer to that question
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
still waiting

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately my info does not show the resistance test info on this here.It tells me to refer to my diagram for resistance testing but there is no specification in the diagram or chart.Others here may be able to help with this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
then