Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

P061A code thrown and Restricted Performance issue today.

Customer Question

P061A code thrown and Restricted Performance issue today. This is after a classic DSC/Throttle dash christmas tree accompanied by total shutdown that the dealer "fixed" with 175A megafuse? replacement. My gut says Throttle Body or bad MAF or PCM/wiring (2011 Jag XK naturally aspirated). Very, very frustrating. Had the spontaneous shutdown twice before on interstate at about 80...fun. New AGM battery, so no problems there.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Supposedly, the dealer did an entire smoke/pressure test and looked at electrics (thus the megafuse replacement (underhood I believe). I can get the diagram but that is likely above my pay grade...
JA: What year is your Classic?
Customer: 2011 XK naturally aspirated 5.0 V8
JA: Are you fixing your Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: was going to clean the throttle body and MAF until I discovered they are integrated into one piece...other than that, nothing. I picked it up from the dealer Tuesday...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Is that the only fault code stored? What type of tool was used to scan the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it was an Automatic OBD II connected via bluetooth to my phone
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the only code.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
suppose it could also be the TPS....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
OK usually that is accompanied by other codes. Yes it could be a throttle or problem with the wiring to it. Sometimes the connector pins can be bad and loosen at the crimps.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
For the mass air flow sensors since there are two it is usually not one of them if that is the only code.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
I also recommend checking the crank sensor connector
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, so throttle body/wiring/pins/crank sensor connector...any other likely culprits?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Those are the most likely suspects.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome. Thre was a service bulletin for some of the older vehicles for an ECM software change but I do not think it is your issue.