Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have 2014 jaguar xkr convert ..... On the DVDs map

I have 2014 jaguar xkr convert ..... On the DVDs map navigation player .. I put in a dvd new map in player and did so over another DVD in it........ I got them both out but now player reads error won't read it. How do I take player out ? ...or suggestion. Thank u
Does it say no map disc installed?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unable to read data Check if map DVDs is right.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is what it says .. Dvd is in
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No that's it .. It doesn't keep going... To another statement .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for slow diakoguue .. Lot going on at home thanks. ... I'm not sure if it is covered under warranty .... I do have warranty. I just like to avoid dealer down time. ....... If I can fix. Sam
OK yes this would be covered under warranty as it does seem like there is a problem with the mechanism in the unit. I would not tell them that there were two discs in there. The only thing we can try is to disconnect the unit and leave it in plugged for about an hour. The cover needs to be removed and you should be able to access these connectors. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you tell me how to do that .. Unplug it .. Is that from trunk ?

Yes in the trunk. Remove that cover to expose the nav reader module then you can remove the bolts holding it to the bracket then disconnect the electrical connectors.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Awesome. I'll do tomorro. Thank u. ..thumbs up. Big help. I..leave the 5 star. I think I'll replace unit maybe . If this reset doesn't fix.

Ok keep me posted and rate the service when you have a chance