Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

I am working on a 1998 Jaguar, it is leaking coolant it

Hello, I am working on a 1998 Jaguar, it is leaking coolant it looks like it is coming out from a small hole where the motor and bell housing bolt up, could that be from a freeze plug in the back of the motor?

can you tell me what model this is? and how many miles are on the car?

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello Matt, sorry it took so long to get back, it is a xj8 and about 170,000 miles.

OK a leak from a core plug is quite possible but I'd 1st say to check that if leaks are coming from the 'octopus' hose that feeds the heater cores which is directly above the bellhousing as leaks from this are well documented

and it would be wise to use a pressure tester on the cooling system to try and confirm where the coolant is leaking form under pressure

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
OK Matt, thank you for that I will heck that.