Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I just inherited a 2003 Jaguar S-Type from my mother in

Customer Question

I just inherited a 2003 Jaguar S-Type from my mother in law... it was purchased new... and only has 46K mileage.
3 things that I have a question about:
1. I do not see a garage door opener? Does it have one?
2. I have a engine light on and it also gives me a reduced performance error message. My neighbor says it may be a loose exhaust manifold. Possible?
3. The auto climate control is all over the place. My mom had a hvac module replaced. But the problem persists. Any idea's?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Some of these vehicles were not fitted with the remote garage door opener. If it is then there will be the three buttons on the overhead console.For the engine light and restricted performance warning this could be caused by a number of engine sensors or problems. I do not see a lot of loose manifolds on these. I recommend you go to your local parts store as they should have a scan tool you can use to retrieve the stored fault codes. Once you have the code number let me know so we can go through the possible causes. Also let me know the issue with the climate control system.