Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2003 xj8 in the shop again, it was in last week,

Customer Question

hi, I have a 2003 xj8 in the shop again, it was in last week, had no power to fuse 16 in left rear fuse box (rear seat area), replaced fuse box, problem solved, customer drove approx. 300 miles, car died on the highway, I towed the car back from Virginia, checked vehicle, it now has a p1230 code, I also have no power to fuse 7 in the trunk fuse box, yet, with key on, pins 1,2 and 3 of the fuel pump relay have constant 12 volts, (pump not running, if ti put power to fuse 7, pump runs, but still no start
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
right now the engine is cranking but not starting correct? We have no power to fuse #7 while cranking? Can I have the last six of your VIN?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi Richard, you worked on this with me last week, the original issue turned out to be a bad left rear seat fuse box, only had 3.4 volts to fuse 16, replaced fuse box, installed new fuel pump, all was well, approx. 300 miles, and one state further away, car dies, anyway, it turns out, I do have power at fuse 7 in trunk box on crank, and fuel pump will run if I jump 12v to fuse 7, but no fuel to rail, I am pulling tank right now to see if a fuel line has come off the pump or bulkhead fitting on the tank, that or the pump suffered a structural failure, as everything else checks out fine, and that would explain code P1230 low fuel pressure
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok yes could be a defective pump or maybe the line is off. Also make sure the electrical connector in the tank going to the pump is not burnt up