Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I just took delivery on a 2007 Jaguar XJ VDP from Texas to

Customer Question

I just took delivery on a 2007 Jaguar XJ VDP from Texas to Cali. I can't get it smogged because the secondary air pump sensor keeps blinking on the mechanic's read-out. He says keep driving it. I have now driven the car over 700 miles. I asked the local Jaguar dealer's mechanic and he says keep driving it because he says he's seen some of these cars take 1,000 miles before they reset. I am running out of time to get this car registered...
What say you?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Is it that the secondary air injection monitor is still set to a not ready status? Any other monitors not ready? Was the vehicle scanned to see if there are any stored fault codes?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the secondary air injection monitor is still set to a not ready status. All other monitors ok. Vehicle was scanned for fault codes and all ok.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok the secondary air injection only runs on a cold start so it can take some time for the monitor to run. It also could be an ECM problem. There were a couple of instances where the ECM software should be reprogrammed for secondary air issues but usually faults will be stored. The more cold starts we can will help in getting the monitor to set. I also recommend we make sure we do not have any vacuum leaks as the plastic lines for the air solenoid and valve sometimes crack.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, Richard!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Keep me posted with any updates.