Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehciles

TRANSMISSION FAULT comes on. Before (for about four years) I

Customer Question

TRANSMISSION FAULT comes on. Before (for about four years) I could switch off
then on and every thing is good. This happened about once every six months until
now it stays in fault and trans mission is in single gear.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from TCM module

to know what is failing .

But from what you describing the TCM module or the connector to it has a bad pin, broken ,bend or baked out in the connector nit making good connection

you can unplug there and try spraying electrical contact cleaner .

but to be sure get it scanned with jaguar scanner or equivalent

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician