Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

2001 jaguar s type 3.0. Runs great, no symptoms. I have 3

Customer Question

2001 jaguar s type 3.0. Runs great, no symptoms. I have 3 codes - p1388, p0420, p1383. I know their was a tsb relating to the vvt but do not know if it has been done. I dont understand because the car runs great. I was on my way to get it inspected when this happened
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Vin SAJDAO1N91FL98124, i sent this in case you need it.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me how many miles are on the engine?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
112k
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The live data on the o2 sensors seem to prove the cats are bad. The upstream fluctuates like it should but the downsream is not staying steady. Its acting like the upstream o2 sensor. I still dont know about the vvt code. Does the 3.0 have the same problems as the v8 with the timing chain and tensions? I have alot of money in this car and i hate to give up on it but if its going to cost more i might have to call it quits. I thought about putting new cats on it but not sure whats going on with the vvt.