Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I am having a head gasket repair job done by a mechanic and

Customer Question

I am having a blown head gasket repair job done by a mechanic and he just put the repaired heads back on to the block without using a new head gasket. Instead he spread on this brown adhesive material and said that it would be the gasket is this right or not because I don't want to be spending all of this money behind a bad fix so is this an except able fix? Or is he making a grievous mistake?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 8 months ago.

Hi there.

There are some new chemical compounds out there that claim to be as effective as a traditional head gasket. Not wanting to use my customers as Guinea pigs, I still use and recommend using head gaskets, part number NCC2540BC for the right side and NCC2541BC for the left side.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yeah so what you are saying is that the mechanic may be doing the right type of fix then.

Not at all, what I am saying is that Jaguar recommends the use of head gaskets. Not knowing your mechanic's level of skill and knowledge, or the new product's record of performance, I certainly cannot say he is is doing the right thing by not following vehicle manufacturer recommendations.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, thank you for your help.

Thank you for visiting our site.

Best Regards.