sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have 94 XJS V12 convertible that won't start, but as soon

Customer Question

I have 94 XJS V12 convertible that won't start, but as soon as it is tilted onto a tow truck will start. Battery, starter etc. all good, fresh gas, but it sounds like it isn't getting fuel when I turn it over. What might be wrong? Why would a car start only when at an angle?
Bardo
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'd recommend checking for spark during the no start condition but it does sound as if you may be missing fuel. If it does start when the vehicle is raised at an angle then there is a good chance there is an issue in the tank and it isn't able to draw fuel at a natural angle. If you do have spark and are missing fuel yet the pump does run then the tank is going to need to be removed for a physical inspection. Odds are you have a restricted inlet filter or damaged line in the tank causing it to draw air instead of fuel when the car is at a natural angle.