Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Touchscreen is not working, 2010 jaguar I bought from a

Customer Question

Touchscreen is not working
JA: Is the device aftermarket, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: 2010 jaguar I bought from a small dealership and it quit working after one day.
JA: What is the model of your '10 Jaguar?
Customer: XF supercharged
JA: Are you fixing your XF Supercharged yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to get some ideas on what is causing this issue. The home screen will come on for 10 seconds and then not work for 20 minutes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
Is it stuck on the gray screen or does it go completely blank? Does this usually happen after starting?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a grey screen with a small picture of a jaguar and the name written on the screen as well. It goes black as well sometimes. It comes on briefly then goes back to not working.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
OK this could be caused by a few different issues. A Jag factory tool will be needed to read the faults in the infotainment system and perform a possible software update. We also need to check the battery and cable connections as low battery voltage can be the cause especially if the problem occurs after starting. Another issue I see is with water leaking under the driver seat where the phone module, Sirius module and portable audio module are located which can cause the issue. This can only be seen if the front seat was loosened and removed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could the severe rain we are receiving in south Florida cause this issue. Can a regular mechanic fix this or does it have to go to the jaguar dealership. The small dealership I bought it from will not pay for me to get it serviced. I have to take it to their mechanic.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
definitely if for example the sunroof drains are clogged or the roof is out of adjustment from loose fasteners water can leak into those modules. They can be replaced but they do need to be programmed by the dealer.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I take it to the dealer is this a costly repair on average.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately if the modules are damaged and need to be replaced it is costly.