Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

07 Jaguar XK VIN: SAJWA43B775B09407 fault codes - P0193 =

Customer Question

07 Jaguar XK VIN: SAJWA43B775B09407
fault codes
- P0193 = fuel rail pressure sensor A circuit high
- P050B = cold start ignition timing performance
replaced fuel rail pressure sensor and cleared faults. The fault below returned and vehicle continues to occasionally idle abnormally on and during cold starts
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Is your engine supercharged?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

no

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Ok I have run into a few different issues causing this. A faulty mass air flow sensor can cause this even though there is no mass air flow dtc or lean/rich codes. We should also check the air intake since the air cleaner housing sits low int he wheel weel sometimes these can get cracked. I also recommend we clean the throttle bore and blade and disconnect the battery to reset the fueling adaptions. There was also a service message to reprogram the ECM software. Let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

The customer also mentioned that in the past there was at least one occasion where the vehicle lost throttle response while driving, and didn't return to normal until after they shut off the engine and restarted it. I have not experienced this issue myself. I've disconnected the battery once already. I will start with swapping the mass air sensor.

Would the car be marked somewhere and/or would the dealer be able to tell me from running the VIN whether or not the software update has been done on the vehicle?

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

I can only check the warranty history if it was done but since the vehicle is 9 years old it will be impossible to know if it was done after the warranty expired.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Ok. Well I will go ahead and swap the mass air sensor and then run the vehicle through a few cold start and idle tests and see what happens.

A separate issue the vehicle has is that the navigation module in the trunk that feeds the front display is bad. It pulls the battery down if the vehicle sits for more than a day or so. Makes noises as if its on even with the vehicle shut off sometimes. Battery holds like normal with it unplugged.

Do you know for certain whether or not a used navigation module will work?

(nav modules are like 2k or 3k new and I've only located 1 thats used and its still 600 plus shipping. Too expensive to order and find out it won't work. may look around to see if someone repairs them)

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Yes these modules are costly. You can try coverntrywest.com. jagbits.com, welshent.com, motorcarsltd.com as the specialize in discounted and reman Jag parts