Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Recently I noticed, when igniting my car, my car shakes, at

Customer Question

Recently I noticed, when igniting my car , my car shakes, at red lights my car shakes too. I get the message restrictive performance. What this could be? I have an S type 2005. Thanks
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

The problem you are describing is likely caused by an engine misfire and that would also cause the restrictive performance message to appear. In order to determine what is failing the first thing your going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. Most auto parts stores such as Auto Zone will run a scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you get this figured out and resolved.