sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

It has been running great now won't start, Yes battery is

Customer Question

It has been running great now won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes battery is fin turns over well. I have a shop manuel and checked the main fuel relay connections 85 86 and 876 have fire. cheched fuel relay have fire at 85 86 but no at 87. removed the fuel pump and connected power runs fine. theshut off switch button is down and connections have power and are tight
JA: What is the model of your '85 Jaguar?
Customer: xjs v12
JA: Are you fixing your XJS V12 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just typed what I tried and yes I'm fixing it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I sent my question in eight and a half hours ago. It is 10:30 now am I to stay up and wait for a response
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 28 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no start condition. It's possible that you're missing fuel pressure but you may also be missing spark, you could have a fuel contamination issue or an exhaust restriction, it could be cam timing, even the engine controller itself.

Does the fuel pump not run when the key is turned on initially?
What you checked for power at the fuel pump relay and found none on pin 87 was the relay in place?