Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

The radio CD player stopped working, so checked owners hand

Customer Question

The radio CD player stopped working, so checked owners hand book for reset followed it now the heater is on all the time showing error code 50 / 51 took it to the shop and now we have error code p1582 and c1704 so we pulled the fuse for the heater and cd radio still does not work
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Yes I disconnected the battery after the failure of the radio code did not work and checked the fuse for radio
JA: What is the model of your '50 Jaguar?
Customer: 2005 X Type
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We started to by going into the maint. Book that we get with the car got the code for the radio entered it in to the car and the next thing we get is the heater came on and stayed on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we took the car to the garage and they said we had to take it to a dealer to get the hard codes fixed but they were not the original problem, and that still exists
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I forgot the touch screen is now blank that is why we took it to a shop
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Who said that they could repair jag"s
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

A 50/51 on the green lcd screen indicates the screen has lost communication with the NAV module in the trunk. We first need to make sure the DVD is not damaged. Next check all the connections to the NAV module and try disconnecting the negative battery terminal cable in an attempt to reset it. If it still will not operate then we should try a new dvd then replace the module.