Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

N eed to know how to reset the navigation fiber optics

Customer Question

n eed to know how to reset the navigation fiber optics
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
This is a 2003 Range Rover? The reason I ask is because that system.did not use a fiber optic network. It uses just a single wire communication bus. What kind of problem are you having?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
a shop disconnected the battery and the bcm and now the nav unit will not boot up,just says needs to load software...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have a t4 system,or the lyxn initialize the bcm, but it seems to be working except the nav unit..I have power just no function
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
A white screen showing Bootloader. Waiting to start download?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no a green screen saying please insert dvd
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
OK the NAV computer does receive inputs from the BCU and the BCU is only programmed with T4. The inputs are really just for vehicle speed so this may not be the fault. First we need to check the dvd to make sure it is not damaged. We either have a dvd issue or NAV computer issue. Try disconnecting the NAV unit for about 30 minutes. We can assist try entering service mode on some of the versions if fitted. Select SET on the menu screen and hold the Menu button for eight seconds. This will display the service mode screen depending on options.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think thats the issue...the menu button doesnt work.I will unplug the unit from the dvd drive now. I cant eject the dvd from the drive so that may be the issue,but it worked fine before the bcm was removed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
OK disconnect the unit. Then we will need to confirm power and ground.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok.i had power to the dvd driver because the red power light was on,one connection is blue which is power and the purple was the display connection both showed function when connected, but its disconnected now.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok plugged unit back in still no go
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
OK our diagnosis is limited without T4 and that we can't access the service mode. First step would be trying another dvd which will be a hard option in finding one. Next would be replacing the unit.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard kinda at a standstill without t4 ..the dvd driver wont eject or do commands..i never purchased t4 becuz i dont do enough of the older rovers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
T4 was discontinued but they did come out with a handheld T4. Over $4000 for the kit.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
see them on ebay for that price
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

Not really worth it since it only works on the older vehicles.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I agree..and the sellers wont budge..i made this point to them.i use a fujitsu t730 with i7 proceessor with a mongoose investment 1300.00 and i have coverage 2005- present..
Expert:  Richard replied 26 days ago.

Launch and i930 iCarsoft make goo tools as well for the basic functions.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I have a few Launch units ,but a little of everything . Jaguar's system is the easiest to use, but BMW is the most complex. I just reprogrammed one last week took almost 4 hours.Also the files are even complex..I really like the Autel unit..its fast,powerful, and easy to use.
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

Nice setups

Customer: replied 13 hours ago.
Richard sorry to bother you but I have a question about my car. I tried to unlock the car using my fob,nothing works,scanned car I got remote key less entry rolling code out of synchronization. B2425...I tried to resynch it by pulling stalk to high beam inserting key,turning ignition to phase one pulling stalk four times to me and listening for car to chirp..Is there anything I can do?