TIM MOHR, ASE Certified Technician

2003 jaguar 2.5 xtype p0301 p0303 p0305 p0420

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** these codes, you most likely have bad gaskets on the #1 bank intake manifold, it is showing a missfire on all three cylinders on that side, have you checked for a vacuum leak on the #1 intake manifold bank?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did I didn't find anything leaking
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 1 month ago.

hw did yu check it? did you use a smoke machine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Before the code it used to have one code only I guess by not fixing that code the other ones come up it was p0420 which it still there
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 1 month ago.

when there is a missfire i one or more cylinders, it can cause the cat converter to plug up, thus the P0420, but before the cat is replaced, you need to find the cause of the missfires, if all 3 of the cylinders are missfiring on bank one, that rules out an ignition system fault, so Its either going to be a leak in the itake manifold gaskets, which is very common on this engine, or possibly a bad hose going to the PCV valve, which is also common, have you checked the elbow next to the PCV valve, its cracks very easily?